You can take any of our standard range hoods and customize them by changing the size, shape and by adding trim options. We offer a wide array of finishes for the range hood trim options for rangehoods.
To request a sample range hood finish option email us with a mailing address and the finish samples required:
- Copper (brushed copper,antiqued copper,polished copper ,hammered copper)
- Stainless steel(brushed stainless steel, jitterbug stainless steel, polished stainless steel or hammered stainless steel)
- Oil rubbed bronze(smooth oil rubbed bronze or hammered oil rubbed bronze)
- Blackened steel(smooth or hammered)
- Pitted pewter, textured rust or textured matt black - powder coat finish
- Powder coated virtually any color or finish imaginable
Take a look at the different finishes on this range hood for example
body color matched to the Viking Blue
Satin Nickel potrail
with polished brass stand offs
Brushed stainless steel bands
Polished brass rivets
style modified with decorative duct cover
Quilted or smooth inlays - double or single bottom lips
Crown Trims - single or double crown with smooth or quilted inset
- potrails from satin nickel, polished brass or polished chrome
Range Hood Baffle Filters
- made from 304 stainless steel the range hood baffle filters are dishwasher safe and extremly efficient at capturing airborne contaminants captured by the range hood and are near indestructable.
Range Hood Mesh filters
- unlike typical venthood mesh filters we make a range hood mesh filter with a 304 stainless steel case that covers the entire surface of the rangehood filter - this makes the range hood filter extremely durable and washable by hand as well as in the dishwasher
- our range hoods use 120v flood halogens that provide a clean pure light with a very wide spread - all of lighting is rehostat controlled which enable infinite control
- we offer a wide choice of internal, inline or external range hood blower systems that are controlled by an infinite variable controls - follow this link for blower options
Information to help you design a range hood:
The very first thing to work out is whether you need an island range hood, a wooden canopy insert/liner range hood, a wall mount range hood or an under cabinet range hood - follow this link
to see the differences.
Once the above has been worked out then you need to decide on the all important style - what basic shape of range hood do you want - follow these links to work out which style you prefer:
- Wall/Under Cabinet
- Island VentHood
- Wooden Insert/Liner
Of course we can also make a specific style range hood you have seen or want - we will require a picture or even hand drawn sketch of the range hood together with the information listed below to assist in the kitchen hood design process.
Range Hoo Finishes
(for some ideas browse the full online catalogue
Now that you have decided on a few styles of range hood the all important finishes must be chosen
- Choose the main colour or venthood finish that you want for the bulk of the body
- Main body colour(colour matching RAL available) or metal finish such as stainless
steel, copper, brass, hand rubbed bronze etc.
- Then you need to choose whether you want bands and what finish you want the
main lip to be - once again these can be colour or any metal, they can be
polished or hand beaten etc.
- You can add accents such as utensil rails or rivets, or screw heads etc
You now need to determine what space you have available for the range hood. Allow between 30" and 34" space between the planned underside of the range hood and the top of the counter top - the space remaining to the ceiling or underside of the soffit is the height available for the hood.
How wide is your range cook top and how much width do you have available for the hood - ideally the hood must be 3" wider than the range top on either side - as a minimum it should be the same width as the range top and cover at least all of the burner surfaces.
How much suction power is required:
Take a look at the owners manual for your range top or look it up on line and add up the stated btu's for each burner on the range top - the sum of these gives you a number something like - 75 000 btu. In order to size the range hood blower divide this 75 000 by 100 - the result is the ideal blower size - in this case 750cfm.
Baffle filters are always the best to use and are a must on the higher cfm blower systems. Mesh filters are generally okay on the lower cfm applications or over electric including indcution. Baffles filters are quieter than mesh filters and also have the added advantage at being better for fire containment. All range hood filters must be washed on a regular basis - the more the better - washing won't damage them.
Internal vs External Blowers
Internal range hood blowers
are integral to the range hood itself - they are not in the duct run or on the outside of the building as are external range hood blowers
(remotel range hood blowers can be either inline of the duct run or external to the building). Typically externally mounted exhaust hood blowers are the most silent and efficient - it is a lot easier to pull the air than push it - it is also a lot easier to work on an external blower than an inline blower in the ceiling or soffit for example. The other critical component is ducting - if your ducting has restrictions in it due to many bends or crimping of the pipe the blower will have to work harder and will be noisy. Internal blowers are less expensive than external systems however they are noiser because the motor is right inside the hood.
Range Hood Ducting:
Can the range hood be ducted directly outside and if ducting already exists how big is it. How many bends are there in the exhaust ducting. It is very important to make the ducting the correct recomended size and with a minimum number of 90 degree bends as possible to ensure an unrestricted flow of air.
Hopefully the above has helped you to establish how you want your hood to look as well as the practical elements associated with the hood. Now that you have gathered the above information give us a call or email us
with your requirements and we will be able to provide you with a quote.